Skip to main content
Blog Post 8
- The big question addressed in lab, and a description of what you did.
- The big question discussed in the lab today was the exploration of Mars and its future. So, I did research on the past, present, and future of space travel to Mars.
- A description of what you learned in Thursday's lecture.
- This Thursday, I learned about the stars, the origin of the earth, and our galaxy. Something that caught my attention was that Earth didn't happen until 300,000 years after the Big Bang. All this time, I had the misconception that the Big Bang happened and then immediately Earth was formed.
- Answer questions about the weekly textbook reading:
- What did you learn?
- From the textbook reading this week, I discovered that the formation of the Earth did not happen during the Big Bang event. The Big Bang itself took place approximately 13.7 billion years ago, while our planet formed much later, around 4.65 billion years ago.
- What was most helpful?
- The most helpful thing from the reading was the explanation of how the Big Bang was not a "bang" but an expansion of the universe.
- What do you need more information on?
- Something I'd like more information on would be how astronauts avoid black holes as they are going into space if they can't see them? What questions/concerns/comments do you have?
- Since we almost had two suns, what would it be like if we did have two suns?
Comments
Post a Comment