Skip to main content
Blog Post 6
- The big question addressed in the lab is a description of what you did.
- I had a migraine and was not in the lab this Monday.
- A description of what you learned in Thursday's lecture.
- This Thursday, we learned what causes lunar eclipses and the moon's stages and phases. We focused on the position of the sun and moon when there is a sunrise or sunset, using our bodies to demonstrate this.
- Chapter 5 Answer questions about the weekly textbook reading:
- What did you learn?
- From this week's learning, we learned the meanings of heliocentrism and geocentrism, the phases of the moon, seasons and orbits, and how the Earth is affected and why. Geocentrism is the theory that the earth is the center of our solar system, because geo means 'earth' and 'centr' means center. We then read that 'helio' means sun and again, 'centr' means center, so this is the theory that the sun is at the center of our solar system. We then learned about the moon's phases and how, as the earth orbits around the sun, we receive direct or indirect sunlight, causing seasons due to the world's tilt and axis.
- What was most helpful?
- The book's most helpful part was explaining why we have seasons, which is a common question children will ask. I'll admit that after watching the video assigned this week, I realized I also had no idea why seasons occur, so reading about it and watching a video helped me learn why.
- What do you need more information on?
- Something I need more information on would be things like the tropic lines and what their purpose is.
- What questions/concerns/comments do you have?
- A concern I have from this week would be how to ensure I am taking notes on the right things you are speaking about since the slides are usually just images.
Comments
Post a Comment