Blog Post Week 3

 

  1. The big question addressed in lab, and a description of what you did.
    1. Today in the lab, we addressed what affects the gravity and friction of a child sliding down a slide. We divided into groups and looked at what affected the time of the 'child' getting from point A to point B.
  2. A description of what you learned in Thursday's lecture.
    1. In Thursday's lecture, we learned how gravity and friction affect velocity.
  3. Answer questions about the weekly textbook reading:
    1. What did you learn?
      1. This week, I learned about storylines in teaching. Using storytelling in science is having your students use their imagination to relate to their learning. In the book, they gave us an example of how students used a simulation to depict waves and their interactions with things floating in the ocean. 
    2. What was most helpful?
      1. The reading was the most helpful thing. I didn't totally grasp the science of it all, but I did grasp the idea of how we can continue to get students to ask the 'why' questions. 
    3. What do you need more information on?
      1. I need more information on how we can predict whether something will go faster or slower based on the objects involved. 
    4. What questions/concerns/comments do you have?
      1. I'm still confused about what items are affected by friction.



Comments

Popular Posts