Blog Post Week 1

 

  1. The big question addressed in the lab is a description of what you did.
    1. In this week's class, the big question addressed was why elementary students should learn about science. We discussed why science is an important subject in classrooms and then did an experiment where we had to design a race that would benefit children who can run at different speeds.
  2. A description of what you learned in Thursday's lecture.
    1. This Thursday I learned about how the speed and position of something plays a huge role into how fast the object will get from point a to point b.
  3. What did you learn?
    1. From the weekly textbook reading on describing motion, I learned about the different ways to quantify and describe motion, including distance, displacement, speed, and velocity. I also learned about the importance of using vectors to represent motion accurately.
  4. What was most helpful?
    1. The reading's examples were most helpful in understanding how to apply the concepts of motion in real-life scenarios. For example, the reading explained why, on a plane, you feel as if you aren't in motion. Still, on a rollercoaster, you can feel every movement based on the speed and direction during the ride. 
  5. What do you need more information on?
    1. I want more information on calculating acceleration and how it relates to other aspects of motion. Understanding acceleration better would help me comprehend the dynamics of moving objects better.
  6. What questions/concerns/comments do you have?
    1.  I am curious about how different surfaces or terrains impact an object's speed and trajectory of the ride or vehicle you are on.

Comments

Popular Posts