Blog Post Week 15

 

  1. What did you learn this week?
This week, I learned how to keep science engaging for students. One huge way to do this is to incorporate experiments where the students can see the science happening. 
  1. How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
In the future, I will incorporate what I learned by having my students complete experiments and even make their own experiments and hypotheses. 
  1. What are new or remaining questions? 
I wonder how we can clearly explain to our students why the molecules stay tighter together when frozen and then fly apart when heated. 

Forgot to take photos but my group did the blowing up of a balloon using baking soda and vinegar. 

Comments

  1. Engagement and exploration are so great and helpful to learning! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth! I also want to use a similar experiment in my future classroom. I liked your idea about having students design their own experiments or hypotheses since I think this would be really engaging! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I have also been wondering this question because I have a hard time understanding it myself so I think it would be difficult to explain it to my students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts