Blog Post Week 11
- What did you learn this week?
- This week, I learned that confusing your kids makes them want to ask more questions and learn more about that topic. Therefore, I also learned that answering questions quickly will lead them to investigate the topic more.
- Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?
- Yes, we incorporated our background information with many of our experiments to answer our questions.
- How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
- I learned that it's essential to wait to answer kids' scientific questions immediately because it allows their natural curiosity and critical thinking skills to flourish. By encouraging children to ponder the possibilities and develop their own theories, they can better understand the world around them. This method of exploration fosters a love for learning and encourages independent thought. Also, by allowing children to research and find answers independently, they develop valuable research skills that will serve them well throughout their lives.
| Condensation Station |
| Soda Station |
| Ice Station |
| Vinegar Station |
| Plunger Station |
| Condensation |
| Our Observations |
| M&M Station |
Hi!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post this week.
I also agree and see the benefit of waiting for when a student is to ask a question. I believe waiting will increase their curiosity and engagement within the lesson.
Great Job
Hi Ruth! I agree that waiting to answer kid's questions leads to curiosity and it helps for their critical thinking skills to step in.
ReplyDelete