Blog Post Week 8

 

  1. What did you learn this week?
    1. This week, I learned about mutations. There are four types of mutations: deletion, insertion, substation, and rearrangement. Substitution is the type of mutation that occurs when one nucleotide is replaced by another. Insertion is a mutation that occurs when one or more nucleotides are added to the DNA sequence. Deletion is a mutation that happens when one or more nucleotides are removed from the DNA sequence. Duplication mutations are the replication of a section of DNA, resulting in extra copies of specific genes or regions
  2. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?
    1. I knew that one extra chromosome makes you have Down syndrome. And I've learned the true meaning of the four types.
  3. What are new or remaining questions? 
    1. One question that's always stuck with me is if a person has many more total chromosomes what would they call that and what would they be like?

my dead plant 😣



Comments

  1. Hi Ruth,
    I felt the same way when I got to class and learned that our plants were dead.

    I too wrote about knowing that having an extra chromosome would lead to having Down Syndrome and wrote my question about that too.

    I liked how you added the 4 definitions of the four different types of mutations.

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great question, Ruth! Nice descriptions of the mutation processes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts