Blog Post week 7

 

  1. What did you learn this week?
    1. This week, I learned more about genes. When we were filling out what our baby would look like, I learned that the capital gene is the more prominent gene and is what the baby would get. For example, if the dad has a round face (R) and the mom has a diamond face (r), the child would receive a rounder face because it is the stronger gene. 
  2. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?
    1. When creating the double helix with the drops and Twizzlers, I used my prior knowledge of what a DNA strand looked like to make it using those materials. 
  3. What are new or remaining questions? 
    1. My remaining question is, if a person or animal has a DNA triple helix, what does that mean for how they look or act?



Our Child

Fast Plant Update

DNA double helix 

DNA double helix 





Comments

  1. Hi Ruth! I love that you included an example from the genetics activity! I think this activity was a fun and creative way to teach genes, especially for younger students. Your DNA model and drawing look great! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth! I liked your blog this week becuase of how cute your baby face was. Mine was very interesting looking to say the least but I also liked your remaining question and got me thinking on that subject as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth! Your baby looks great, I like how you added an example of how the genes affected the outcome of the babies physical characteristics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts