Blog Post 6
What did you learn this week?
This week, I learned a lot more about the six biomes. One biome I wasn't very familiar with was the Grassland biome. I learned that it consists of large open areas of grass. It has low rainfall, wildland fires, and grazing by animals. Its climate is ideal for the growth of grass only.
Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?
I still find the NGSS assignment unclear and would like a template that has been completed to look at to understand the assignment further.
How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
In my future classroom, incorporating jam boards into each lesson would be fun and helpful for my students.
In my future classroom, incorporating jam boards into each lesson would be fun and helpful for my students.
Hi Ruth! Your plant looks amazing! It has grown so much in the last week! I can't wait to see how it changes after the bee pollinating process. I like how you talked about the use of jam boards. I think that can be a great tool to keep students engaged for our future teaching lessons.
ReplyDeleteRuth,
ReplyDeleteI agree that Jam Boards would be an awesome way to get all the students to participate without feeling worried about getting an answer wrong, since the answers on Jam Board is anonymous. Pollinating with bees was so fascinating and new to me because I have never done an experiment like this before. Great job, Ruth!
Hi Ruth! I love the layout of your blog and how easy it is to navigate. I would agree that the NGSS assignment was unclear and that there needs to be better instruction in order to be completed.
ReplyDeleteHi Ruth! I also am excited to learn more about each of the 6 main biomes that make up or world. I find the concept very interesting and fun to learn about, and its something I cant wait to teach my future students, as well!
ReplyDelete