Blog Post 4
What did you learn this week?
This week, I learned about instructional models and what you should consider when creating a lesson plan. When making a lesson plan, consider the local curriculum, accepted school or district instructional strategies, professional learning community decisions, and your personal preferences. Professional learning community decisions and your individual preferences.
How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
While discussing creating lesson plans, we learned that incorporating concepts the students have learned in past grades is essential because it allows them to use their prior knowledge and expand on the topic.
What are new or remaining questions?
A question I have remains about the 5e Model of Instruction. How do you pick the most important things taught from that lesson plan for the evaluation category?
How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
While discussing creating lesson plans, we learned that incorporating concepts the students have learned in past grades is essential because it allows them to use their prior knowledge and expand on the topic.
What are new or remaining questions?
A question I have remains about the 5e Model of Instruction. How do you pick the most important things taught from that lesson plan for the evaluation category?
Hi Ruth!
ReplyDeleteI loved this blog post. I too think its important to incorporate prior knowledge that your students already have into current lessons so that they are able to relate what they have already learned to the new topics they are learning currently. I would also like to learn more about which parts of the lesson in the 5E instructional method you should base the majority of your evaluation process off of.
Hi Ruth! I agree that it's very important to use students' past knowledge as a tool for developing their learning. I also thought your question was thought-provoking--I also wonder how teachers choose to align their lessons with specific aspects in the 5e model.
ReplyDelete