Blog Post Week 1

 

  1. What did you learn this week?
    1. This week, I learned what the NGSS was and that the science standards for school have not changed for the past 20 years. 
  2. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?
    1. Yes, I learned a lot about how students learn much better by doing hands-on activities. I already knew that hands-on learning is very effective in the classroom, so learning that almost every student will excel with this is very helpful for my future classroom. 
  3. Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?
    1. The videos on the website you gave us were very helpful in explaining how science material will change in the future. I found it confusing that the scientific methods haven't changed in 20 years. 
  4. How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
    1. I can apply hands-on learning in my future classroom. 
  5. What are new or remaining questions? 
    1. Is lecturing vs hands-on learning student-based on which teaching style works better?

Comments

  1. I share your thoughts on the lack of new scientific methods. The fact that we will be teaching 20 year old scientific findings makes me wonder if what we are teaching is still accurate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts